Genentech supports the next generation of innovators through Futurelab, their commitment to science education in South San Francisco. Scholarships will be awarded in Spring 2017 to students pursuing a STEM field of study.
Please click HERE to explore STEM majors!!
What are the eligibility requirements for the scholarship?
- 3.0 GPA (weighted)
- Intended STEM major: Science, Technology, Engineering and Math
- Graduating seniors who have attended 9th-12th grade at El Camino or SSF High School.
- Acceptance into a four-year university (or two-year college for one-time awards only)
- Demonstrated financial need, passion for science, strong academic performance, extra curricular activities
What is included in a complete application? In addition to the general application, you will be required to submit by March 1, 2017:
- Two letters of recommendation
- Official transcript
- A copy of your Student Aid Report if you completed the FAFSA or a copy of the California Aid Report if you completed the California Dream Act Application
Can I apply to this scholarship if I am currently undeclared?
- Yes, as long as you enroll in a college/university that offers STEM and select a STEM discipline when it's time to declare your major.
What are the award amounts for the 2017 scholarships?
- 1 four-year scholarship ( up to $50,000 per year) The final scholarship award amount will be determined by the college/university's projected full-cost of attendance, minus any other scholarships or aid a student received each year.
- 1 one-time $7,500 scholarship
- 1 one-time $5,000 scholarship
What dates are important to know?
- March 1, 2017 = Application deadline
- April 24-28 2017 = Finalist interviews
- May 1, 2017 = Winners notified
If I am awarded the four-year scholarship, do I have to maintain a specific GPA or STEM major each year to keep my scholarship?
- You must maintain a 3.0 GPA in order to continue to receive your scholarship. We would like you to keep a STEM major for four years, but we will review changes to your major on a case-by-case basis.
If I transfer schools, will I still receive my four-year scholarship?
- As long as you transfer to a four-year institution, continue your STEM major, and maintain your GPA, your award will be adjusted to the full cost of attendance of your new school (minus any other scholarships or aid) and will not exceed $50,000/year.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY TODAY!!! DEADLINE IS MARCH 1ST, 2017