El Camino High School Graduation Requirements
Required Courses and Credits:
|4 years English||40 credits|
|2 years Math (Algebra 1 & Geometry)||20 credits|
3 years Social Studies
|2 years Science||20 credits|
|2 years Physical Education||20 credits|
|1 semester Health||5 credits|
|1 year Fine Arts or 1 year Foreign Language||10 credits|
|Elective Courses (minimum number of credits)||75 credits|
|Total (minimum requirements)||220 credits|
- A one-period course for one semester (18 weeks) equals five high school credits (5 credits).
- A one-period course for a year (36 weeks) equals ten high school credits (10 credits).
- A normal course load for one year is six courses each semester or 60 credits per year.
- The requirement for graduation is a minimum of 220 credits.
- Students who retake a course they have already passed will not receive credit twice, unless the course has the designation MBRFC (May Be Repeated For Credit).
- In Math, Science, Foreign Language and elective courses students must pass with a C or better to move on in that particular academic sequence.