Here is the link to the Google Book:
Gale password: 29041146655023
The Literature & Culture of the American 1950s
1940s History Resources: http://www.chlive.org/pbeck/eastlibrary/1940SHISTORYRESOURCES.htm
American Cultural History - 1940-1949: http://kclibrary.lonestar.edu/decade40.html
Formation of Modern American Culture - 1940s: https://webspace.yale.edu/amst191/1940.htm
WWW-VL: History: USA: 1940-1949: http://www.lib.washington.edu/subject/History/vl/1940s/
1950 - 1959
American Cultural History - 1950 - 1959: http://kclibrary.lonestar.edu/decade50.html
Fifties Web: www.fiftiesweb.com
Formation of Modern American Culture - 1950: https://webspace.yale.edu/amst191/1950.htm
The Literature and Culture of the American 1950s: http://www.writing.upenn.edu/~afilreis/50s/home.html
WWW - VL: History: USA: 1950-1959: http://vlib.iue.it/history/USA/ERAS/20TH/1950s.html
Yahoo Links to the 1950s: http://dir.yahoo.com/Arts/Humanities/History/By_Time_Period/20th_Century/1950s/
Using complete sentences, answer the following questions in a Google Doc. When completed, turn them into turnitin.com—in the “Frederick Douglass Webquest” folder.
1. Describe Frederick Douglass's early childhood include the following: place of birth, approximate date, birth name
2. How did Douglass learn to read?
3. How did Douglass become a leader in the Abolitionist movement?
4. What was the name of his autobiography and the name of his antislavery newspaper?
5. Why did Douglass flee the United States in 1859?
6. When and how did Douglass become free?
7. Should Douglass be considered an American Hero? Support your answer, why or why not.
Leaving the U.S.:
Short Story Webquest
Open a Google Document, type your name/period/date at the top, and then type Task 1.
Under the Task 1 heading and using the web resource listed below, answer the following questions using complete sentences:
- What are the five elements of a short story? Write a sentence describing each element.
- Is a short story fiction or non-fiction?
- If a short story is longer than 100 pages, what is it called?
- Who are some well-known American short story writers?
- Why are these writers considered “masters”?
- Who is M. Evelina Galang?
- Where are Galang’s parents from?
- Where was Galang raised? Where does she live now?
- List three examples of here work and describe what kind of writing it is.
- What does Galang write about?
Galang webquest resources:
- When did most Filipinos immigrate to the U.S.?
- What is the current size of the Filipino-American population in the U.S?
- Where are the largest concentrations of Filipino-Americans in the U.S.?
- What kind of jobs have Filipinos gotten in the U.S.?
- What kinds of adversities do Filipino-Americans face?
Filipino-American webquest resources:
Task 4: Vocabulary
First define each of the following words, terms or names, then use them in a sentence
4. David Cassidy
5. “Patridge Family”
14. Don Ho
When you have completed all four tasks, turn your document in to turninitin.com in the “Short Story Webquest” folder.
Turnitin class ID password
English 3CP Period 2 13450822 Gustafson
English 3CP Period 3 13450895 Gustafson
English 3CP Period 4 13450928 Gustafson