El Camino High School  Logo
Class Schedules Contact Information FAQs Mission Reports School Site Council Transcripts WASC Self Study District Policies
PTSA Elegant Evening Special News and Events Scholarships Summer School Information Support El Camino Digital Safety Sports Boosters Dance Boosters Principal's Message Order Student Portraits Safe and Secure Schools Alumni Association Counseling
Library Capstone Project Student Opportunities Subject Resources Tutoring Student of the Month Summer School Campus Life Students in the Community Summer Reading Counseling For Seniors Leadership Student Handbook Videos History Day Testing Cafeteria
Staff Directory Administration Career Technical Education Counseling English Fine Arts Library Math Performing Arts Physical Education Science Security Social Studies Special Education Staff Resources Work Experience World Languages
Clubs and Organizations Dance Music
Welcome News Athletic Directors Sports Teams Athletic Forms Boosters Club Coach Listing Athletic Handbook Coaches Clearance

Work Permits

How Do I Get a Work Permit?

Three Easy Steps

1.  Get hired (provisionally).

2.  Obtain a "Request for Work Permit and Intent to Employ" from the counseling department.  This form requires a signature from you, your new employer, and your parents.

3.  Turn in the work permit to the Work Experience Coordinator (Mr. Yanover).

California law requires workers under 18 years old who have not graduated from high school or earned an equivalent degree to obtain a work permit prior to beginning paid work.  Permits are issued to workers aged 12-17 years old in compliance with state and federal laws.  After the employer agrees to hire a minor, the minor then obtains from his or her school a "Request for a Work Permit and Intent to Employ."  This form is completed by the minor and the employer and must be signed by the parent.  These forms should be submitted to an individual at the school who has been authorized to grant the permits (such as the Work Experience Coordinator).  These forms are available in the Counseling Office and Work Experience Office at El Camino High School.  Students must submit a valid identification to verify age at the time form is submitted.