Attention Seniors!!! Genentech/Futurelab Scholarship is now open. Check to see if you are eligible!!!
Genentech supports the next generation of innovators through Futurelab, their commitment to science education in South San Francisco. Scholarships will be awarded in Spring 2017 to students pursuing a STEM field of study.
Please click HERE to explore STEM majors!!
What are the eligibility requirements for the scholarship?
- 3.0 GPA (weighted)
- Intended STEM major: Science, Technology, Engineering and Math
- Graduating seniors who have attended 9th-12th grade at El Camino or SSF High School.
- Acceptance into a four-year university (or two-year college for one-time awards only)
- Demonstrated financial need, passion for science, strong academic performance, extra curricular activities
What is included in a complete application? In addition to the general application, you will be required to submit by March 1, 2017:
- Two letters of recommendation
- Official transcript
- A copy of your Student Aid Report if you completed the FAFSA or a copy of the California Aid Report if you completed the California Dream Act Application
Can I apply to this scholarship if I am currently undeclared?
- Yes, as long as you enroll in a college/university that offers STEM and select a STEM discipline when it's time to declare your major.
What are the award amounts for the 2017 scholarships?
- 1 four-year scholarship ( up to $50,000 per year) The final scholarship award amount will be determined by the college/university's projected full-cost of attendance, minus any other scholarships or aid a student received each year.
- 1 one-time $7,500 scholarship
- 1 one-time $5,000 scholarship
What dates are important to know?
- March 1, 2017 = Application deadline
- April 24-28 2017 = Finalist interviews
- May 1, 2017 = Winners notified
If I am awarded the four-year scholarship, do I have to maintain a specific GPA or STEM major each year to keep my scholarship?
- You must maintain a 3.0 GPA in order to continue to receive your scholarship. We would like you to keep a STEM major for four years, but we will review changes to your major on a case-by-case basis.
If I transfer schools, will I still receive my four-year scholarship?
- As long as you transfer to a four-year institution, continue your STEM major, and maintain your GPA, your award will be adjusted to the full cost of attendance of your new school (minus any other scholarships or aid) and will not exceed $50,000/year.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY TODAY!!! DEADLINE IS MARCH 1ST, 2017
Important Reminders from the El Camino High School Attendance Office:
Connect with us...
Parent Access to Classzone.com for ECHS English classes
Congratulations ECHS Soccer!
VARSITY BOYS SOCCER ADVANCE!!!!!
Congratulations to Coach Ken Anderson & our boys varsity soccer team for their exciting Round 1 CCS playoff win Wednesday afternoon vs. Carmel High School. The boys battled all game long and following a 2-2 tie after regulation and two additional 10-minute overtime periods, the COLTS pulled off the win, going a perfect 5-5 during the do-or-die penalty kick portion of the overtime session; eventually beating the Carmel Padres 2-2 (Penalty Shootout 5-3) to conclude the game. As a result, we now host Round 2 of the CCS section playoffs this Saturday afternoon, Feb. 25th @ 1:00 pm welcoming the DONS of Del Mar High School (San Jose, CA).
CCS Playoff Ticket Prices
Congratulations ECHS Wrestling
COLT PRIDE WRESTLING
Our school is proud to announce that the following individuals will be representing our wrestling team at this weekend's Central Coast Section meet @ Independence High School in San Jose, CA.
Gion Seisa (2nd Place / 2nd Team All League)
Luis Vasquez (2nd Place / 2nd Team All League)
Dale Bolus (4th)
Noah Pedraza (4th)
Omar Valdez (4th)
Each have earned the right to compete this weekend as a result of their overall, individual standings during the league season. Each will compete in their respective weight classes against other wrestlers from schools within the Central Coast Section (Daly City on down to the Monterey Peninsula). We wish them all the best of luck!
Please Join Us…
Click here for more information
Be an Upstander!
Genentech Job Shadow
Safe Routes to School Survey
San Mateo County Safe Routes to School (SRTS) is a collaborative effort between City/County Association of Governments and the San Mateo County Office of Education. Through education and encouragement efforts, San Mateo County SRTS supports initiatives to increase the number of students who walk, bike and carpool to school. The goal of the program is to engage as many schools as possible in encouraging students to take an active mode of transportation to school in order to reduce traffic congestion and improve air quality around schools. Please support this effort by taking the 2016-2017 Safe Routes to School Parent/Caregiver Survey.
Colt Society Food Drive
Support ECHS Teachers!
Please consider supporting ECHS teachers in funding their projects on DonorsChoose.org!
Click here to see a list of current projects.
Math Tutoring Before and After School!
Do you need help to find out "y" the "x" matters in Algebra? The Math teachers are offering Algebra I tutoring to current Algebra 1 students on Monday and Thursday from 3:10 - 4:10 in Room 45. Please be on time and bring your homework. Homework Center is still available in the library for other courses on Monday and Thursday.
The M & M's (Math and Mornings) Lab is open! Students who need additional help with math may receive assistance from Mr. Finacom on Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 7:45 AM until 8:10 AM.
New Mural at ECHS!
If you'd like to see more projects to help enhance our school community, please come and join us for El Camino Alumni Association's 9th Annual Elegant Evening.
Calendar of Events
Order Your Yearbook
Stay Connected with ECHS!
Find upcoming school events on The Zone and sync them to your iPhone, Android, or Outlook!
Interested in ECHS? Take a look at our brochure.
New Student Registration
Click here for registration requirements.
Get feedback on your writing!
Join the PTSA!
Show your support for ECHS! Join the PTSA! Click here for the membership form.
Parent School Loop Registration
ECHS would like to proudly announce that the Accrediting Commission for Schools, Western Association of Schools and Colleges has determined that El Camino High School meets the ACS WASC criteria for accreditation. It is decision of the Commission to grant ECHS a SIX-YEAR term of accreditation. Please click here to read the commendation letter.
Genentech Invests in Future Scientists
Genentech recently broke ground on the Science Garage, a building for SSFUSD high school students to learn about biotech through labs and mentors. Watch the ABC 7 news story here.