Attention Seniors!!! Genentech/Futurelab Scholarship is now open. Check to see if you are eligible!!!
Genentech supports the next generation of innovators through Futurelab, their commitment to science education in South San Francisco. Scholarships will be awarded in Spring 2017 to students pursuing a STEM field of study.
Please click HERE to explore STEM majors!!
What are the eligibility requirements for the scholarship?
- 3.0 GPA (weighted)
- Intended STEM major: Science, Technology, Engineering and Math
- Graduating seniors who have attended 9th-12th grade at El Camino or SSF High School.
- Acceptance into a four-year university (or two-year college for one-time awards only)
- Demonstrated financial need, passion for science, strong academic performance, extra curricular activities
What is included in a complete application? In addition to the general application, you will be required to submit by March 1, 2017:
- Two letters of recommendation
- Official transcript
- A copy of your Student Aid Report if you completed the FAFSA or a copy of the California Aid Report if you completed the California Dream Act Application
Can I apply to this scholarship if I am currently undeclared?
- Yes, as long as you enroll in a college/university that offers STEM and select a STEM discipline when it's time to declare your major.
What are the award amounts for the 2017 scholarships?
- 1 four-year scholarship ( up to $50,000 per year) The final scholarship award amount will be determined by the college/university's projected full-cost of attendance, minus any other scholarships or aid a student received each year.
- 1 one-time $7,500 scholarship
- 1 one-time $5,000 scholarship
What dates are important to know?
- March 1, 2017 = Application deadline
- April 24-28 2017 = Finalist interviews
- May 1, 2017 = Winners notified
If I am awarded the four-year scholarship, do I have to maintain a specific GPA or STEM major each year to keep my scholarship?
- You must maintain a 3.0 GPA in order to continue to receive your scholarship. We would like you to keep a STEM major for four years, but we will review changes to your major on a case-by-case basis.
If I transfer schools, will I still receive my four-year scholarship?
- As long as you transfer to a four-year institution, continue your STEM major, and maintain your GPA, your award will be adjusted to the full cost of attendance of your new school (minus any other scholarships or aid) and will not exceed $50,000/year.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY TODAY!!! DEADLINE IS MARCH 1ST, 2017
The 17th Annual Black College Expo Returns 2016 with new information and resources to help students succeed! Black College Expo features a very informative and exciting college fair, known as an “Infotainment” college fair, showcasing well over 50 Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) and educational organizations and programs.
The mission is to curtail the high school dropout rate and increase degree and/or certificate enrollment among underserved and underrepresented youth. The goal is to get students excited about education and provide the pathways and resources for students to make positive career choices.
Black College Expo:
*Oakland Black College Expo - February 18, 2017
Click HERE for tickets!
Important Reminders from the El Camino High School Attendance Office:
Connect with us...
Parent Access to Classzone.com for ECHS English classes
Please Join Us…
Click here for more information
Attention ECHS Community & Alumni of El Camino High School:
There will a meeting on Thursday, February 9th at 6:00 PM in the El Camino Library for the community to ask questions or voice concerns about naming El Camino's large gym after Owen Kashevaroff.
Colt Society Food Drive
Support ECHS Teachers!
Please consider supporting ECHS teachers in funding their projects on DonorsChoose.org!
Click here to see a list of current projects.
Math Tutoring Before and After School!
Do you need help to find out "y" the "x" matters in Algebra? The Math teachers are offering Algebra I tutoring to current Algebra 1 students on Monday and Thursday from 3:10 - 4:10 in Room 45. Please be on time and bring your homework. Homework Center is still available in the library for other courses on Monday and Thursday.
The M & M's (Math and Mornings) Lab is open! Students who need additional help with math may receive assistance from Mr. Finacom on Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 7:45 AM until 8:10 AM.
New Mural at ECHS!
If you'd like to see more projects to help enhance our school community, please come and join us for El Camino Alumni Association's 9th Annual Elegant Evening.
Calendar of Events
Stay Connected with ECHS!
Find upcoming school events on The Zone and sync them to your iPhone, Android, or Outlook!
Interested in ECHS? Take a look at our brochure.
New Student Registration
Click here for registration requirements.
Get feedback on your writing!
Join the PTSA!
Show your support for ECHS! Join the PTSA! Click here for the membership form.
Parent School Loop Registration
ECHS would like to proudly announce that the Accrediting Commission for Schools, Western Association of Schools and Colleges has determined that El Camino High School meets the ACS WASC criteria for accreditation. It is decision of the Commission to grant ECHS a SIX-YEAR term of accreditation. Please click here to read the commendation letter.
Back to School Night Presentation
* Our three areas of focus this year/goals
* Instruction on how to join the Remind 101 text service
* Instruction on how to set up Parent School Loop accounts
* Information regarding the CAASPP state testing this year
* Information regarding our partnership with Genentech and how to become a parent volunteer
Genentech Invests in Future Scientists
Genentech recently broke ground on the Science Garage, a building for SSFUSD high school students to learn about biotech through labs and mentors. Watch the ABC 7 news story here.